Tired of all the bad news

While we can't deny the difficulites for so many people at home and overseas, it's important to take account of the positives, and to spread the Good News. I don't know who said this but; "No-one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side." Blessings..

Friday 23 March 2012

The Concepts


I’ve been reflecting in the wake of the Report on the Apostolic Visitation to Ireland published earlier this week, and lately on the Report into The Tribunal of Inquiry into Certain Planning Matters and Payments, (Mahon Tribunal) earlier this week.  While it’s very important to call good and evil by name, I believe I have no right to judge. I’m conscious of my own sinfulness.  

I remember being very impressed and humbled by a group of men I worked on placement with when I was a student-friar in the early 1990’s. They were in a residential twelve-step programme and each of them was living one day at a time. Here are some of the ‘concepts’ they lived by...



The Concepts

Honesty, Consistency, and Responsibility.

It’s not enough to talk the talk; you have to walk the walk.

He, who does not examine his past, is doomed to repeat it.

Sooner or later it’s your fault.

You get out what you put in.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Do your thing and everything will follow

Experience defeats arguments

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

In order to keep it, you have to give it away.

Responsible concern.

What goes around comes around.

Remember where you came from.

Never assume anything.



“Always treat others they way you would like them to treat you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment